Club Officials’ Duties
- To chair two meetings a year, following the agenda set out by the secretary and consider the best interests of the club at all times.
- Be present and assist with the running of all club competitions and present prizes with the help of the secretary.
- Be a signatory on the club cheque book.
- The chairman has the power to oversee all day to day aspects of running the club with the help of the secretary.
- He is to have the overriding vote in any disputes regarding club business including team selection.
- Be present at all social functions relating to the club including the annual presentation evening.
- To be the representative of the bowling club and be the contact for all other clubs and league officials.
- To be the league representative during the close season, attending league meetings on the first Tuesday of every month from October through to April of the following year.
- Set dates for both end of season and annual general meetings.
- Prepare agenda’s for both end of season and annual general meetings.
- Record minutes of each of the two meetings and present them for approval.
- Prepare and be present and assist with the running of all club competitions with the help of the competitions secretary and or the chairman.
- Compile and monitor membership records for presentation to the fixture league secretary.
- Compile and monitor registered eight players for presentation to the fixture league secretary.
- Complete all forms received and return them with the relevant payment in good time to both league and county associations.
- Present invoices to the treasurer for payment in good time.
- Display list of players.
- Display fixtures for all teams.
- Display Holiday dates for all players.
- Report to the chairman before undertaking any club business.
- Keep a record of the recipients of all trophies.
- Arrange the return of all trophies and their engraving in good time for the presentation night.
- Arrange booking of room for all meetings and presentation night.
- Arrange, print and distribute tickets for presentation night.
- Arrange both food and entertainment for presentation night.
- Be present and support all social functions relating to the club including the annual presentation evening.
- Seek the help of the treasurer for the funding of all aspects of running the club.
- Liaise with the greens man and the club secretary to ensure the up keep of the bowling green and its suitability for play.
- Work closely with the General Club Secretary to maintain the infrastructure on and around the bowling green and the sheds and pavilion.
- Provide the steward of the club with a copy of the fixture lists and notify him of all competitions.
- Attempt to address and action all members requests with the assistance of the chairman.
- To receive and record all monies relating to the bowling club and record them as income.
- To pay all invoices presented to him by the secretary, (with the chairman’s approval) relating to the bowling club and record them as expenditure.
- To collect and record all monies relating to membership.
- Generate a financial statement annually for presenting to an auditor for approval.
- Bank and withdraw money from the clubs accounts.
- Be a signatory on the clubs cheque book.
- Support both the chairman and secretary in all matters of running the bowling club.
Competitions secretary Duties:-
- To display all mid Shropshire and county competitions in date order, and submit them with payment to the relevant bodies in good time for the entrants to take part.
- Collect monies from members and pay entrants fees for the competitions in good time.
- Display the draws for the competitions in good time for members to know both the date, venue and start time.
- Assist with the help of both the secretary treasurer and chairman in the smooth running of all club, league and county competitions.